SKMR - 084
Yat-Kha "The Ways Of Nomad" The Best
Jevel box, 8 page booklet
Rocking nomad once again hit the road with the best hard growling songs from the heart of Asia.
"The Ways of Nomad" - is the first official best of compilation by famous Tuvan folk-rock band Yat-Kha. The band was founded in early 90-s by talented singer and guitarist Albert Kuvezin conjointly with Russian avant-garde, electronic composer Ivan Sokolovsky. It soon became one of the few Russian world music groups, which can gain recognition in wide western audience. Yat-Kha managed to create a unique mix from mystical sounds of traditional throat-singing style kargiraa khoomei with innovative modern electronics and hi-energy groove of guitar punk-rock.
The album consists of some best and remarkable songs, which shows the true milestones in bands artistic biography. From early experiments with ethno-electronic sounding and continuous attempts to find their own musical style, to hard-biting folk-rock anthems of our days, created in collaboration with some famous western artists. In addition to the musical material from Yat-Kha studio albums, "The Ways of Nomad" includes some bonus concert tracks, previously officially unreleased.
01. Karangailyg Kara Hovaa (In the endless black steppe) «Yenisey Punk»; 1995ã. Global Music Center
02. Doshpuluurum «Yenisey Punk»; 1995ã. Global Music Center
03. Kaa-Khem - Song of the River Ka-Khem (Small Yenisei) «Yenisey Punk»; 1995ã. Global Music Center
04. Amdy baryp hongan cheri... (Where is that land, where we roamed out) «Yenisey Punk»; 1995ã. Global Music Center
05. Kozhamyk (Ditty) «Aldyn Dashka»; 2000ã. Yat-Kha Recordings
06. Tyva Kyztar (Tuvan girls) About the beauty and tenderness of Tuvan girls «Aldyn Dashka»; 2000ã. Yat-Kha Recordings
07. Îé, ìîðîç (Oh, frost) «Aldyn Dashka», 2000ã. Yat-Kha Recordings
08. Takh-Pakh Chaskhy Tan (Spring breeze) «Aldyn Dashka»; 2000ã. Yat-Kha Recordings
09. Come Along - How to train a young stallion and to play guitar at the same time “Tuva.Rock”; 2003ã. Yat-Kha Recordings
10. Tuva.Rock - About a cause-and-effect relations of Tuvan rock and little historical excursus “Tuva.Rock”; 2003ã. Yat-Kha Recordings
11. Langchyy Boom (My gun) - Songs from the times of Revolution and Civil War “Tuva.Rock”; 2003ã. Yat-Kha Recordings
12. Khandagaity - The name of the area and the river on the Mongolian border “Tuva.Rock”; 2003ã. Yat-Kha Recordings
13. Teve-Khaya (Camel-Rock) - The name of a mountain in the west of Tuva “Live in Europe - Bootleg”; 2001ã. Yat-Kha Recordings
14. Ahoi - Song about ancient cultural heritage of our ancestors, such as main styles of throat-singing “Live in Europe - Bootleg”; 2001ã. Yat-Kha Recordings