Exciting news for all, who likes russian folk music!
We are glad to announce the release of the new Sketis Music compilation (named "Folk Album"), made for biggest Russian radio station "Radio Russia". Its a realy remarkable event for our lable & for all folk music music in our country!
This album features songs from the best Russian folk & world music artist, who took part in international culture programs of "Radio Russia" and "European Broadcasting Union". Among them such great folk artist, as Sergey Starostin, "The Moscow Balalaika quartet", Stepanida Borisova, "Yat-Kha" and "Trigon" groups.
"Folk Album" was produced & derected by the main broadcaster of "Radio Russia`s" musical programs Ludmila Osipova, with great help of radio station Chief Operating Officer George Moskvichev.
Detailed information about artist, took part in this project (from CD booklet) available bellow:
Radio Russia is the main state broadcasting company of the Russian Federation. Some 140 million of listeners in our country have technical possibility of receiving its signal.
Nearly 200 peoples live in Russia according to the 2010 census data. Radio Russia presents their traditional music in various national and international folk projects. This CD is a compilation of recordings of the Russian and foreign musicians who participated in the European Broadcasting Union folk festivals, the EBU Christmas and Easter Projects and special offers of Radio Russia.
In 2009 Radio Russia won the Svetozár Stračina Grand Prix competition of folk music recordings with the Lullaby from the South Russia region performed by Sergei Starostin, and in 2011 Stepanida Borisova took second place and the Best Performer Special Prize for her Udagan’s Song.
Radio Russia at the EBU folk festivals:
2006 – Moscow Balalaika Quartet
2007 – Russian Choir Taussen; The Seventh Heaven Trio
2008 – Sergei Starostin & Zhili-Byli Group
2009 – Stepanida Borisova; Trigon Group
2010 – Nerekhtskiye Rozhechniki Ensemble
2011 – the Academic Orchestra of Russian Folk Instruments Trio of the Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company; Natalia Trapeznikova
2012 – Pavel Ukhanov; Hide-Hide Duo
1. Kamarinskaya (trad.) / The Moscow Balalaika Quartet, directed by V. Ionchenkov (Moscow, Russia)
2. Lullaby of southern Russian region / Kolybelnaya (trad.) / Sergey Starostin (Moscow, Russia)
3. Udagan’s Song (trad.arrang. by E.Tkachev) / Stepanida Borisova (Russia, Sakha (Yakutia), Yakutsk)
4. Tudoritsa (trad., arrang. by Trigon) / The Trigon Group, directed by Anatol Stefanets (Moldova, Kishinev)
5. Under The White Birch / Pod beryozoy beloy (trad.) / The Nerekhtskiye Rozhechniki Ensemble, directed by Sergei Kisseliov (Russia, Kostroma region, Nerekhta)
6. Vanechka, Come / Vanechka, Prikhodi (trad., arrang. by E.Skorobogatova) / The Seventh Heaven Trio (Russia, Novosibirsk)
7. Holy Night / Svyata Noch (trad.) / The Family Tradition Folk Ensemble, directed by Eugenia and Nikolai Serov (Moscow, Russia)
8. Like A Lion / Podobno Lvu (Onoue Hideki, arrang. by Wakimaru Junichi) / Hide-Hide group (Japan, Tokyo)
9. Oh, Frost, Frost / Oy, Moroz, Moroz (trad., arrang. by A.Kuvezin) / The Yat-Kha Group (Russia,Tuva, Kyzyl)
10. The Sea Of Life / Zhiteyskoye More (trad.) / The Oktay Ensemble, directed by Nadejda Ponomariova (Russia, Tuva, Kyzyl)
11. Orel Tunes / Orlovskiye Naigryshi (E.Derbenko) / Pavel Ukhanov (Moscow, Russia)
12. New Wine In The Pocket / Zeleno Vino V Karmashke (trad.) / The Lada Vocal Trio, directed by Svetlana Ignatieva (Moscow, Russia)
13. Cuban Dance (I. Tamarin) / The RTR AORFI Trio (Moscow, Russia)
14. Suolga (S.Koudrina) / Natalia Trapeznikova and The Orchestra by Yury Kononykhin (Russia, Sakha (Yakutia), Yakutsk)
15. Why Beat Of The Winter / Na Shto Zimu Byut (trad.) / The Taussen Ensemble (Russia, Bashkortostan, Ufa), directed by Elena Evdokimova
16. High / Vysoko (S.Starostin – trad.) / Sergey Starostin (Moscow, Russia)
17. Be Wattled, The Fence / Zapletisya, Pleten (trad., arrang. by S.Klevensky, O. & T. Krasnopevtsev) / The Zhili-Byli Group (Moscow, Russia)
listen this album: